The last post was published, the imaginary crowd roared and silence fell on me.
With a margin of error measuring an hour or so, I finished NaBloPoMo. 30 days, 30 posts, and where does that leave me? A bit exhausted. Not from blogging. Most days I was creatively inspired but on a few…. it was mere words to achieve a daily blogging schedule. I spent more time exploring what people wrote daily and tried to think about what I wanted to share – thought or ideas – even planning some posts in advance.
I’m exhausted from tech week. Fellow theater people will know how that last week of rehearsals before an opening can do you in. This one has been nothing but the norm. Coming home from a 12 hour road trip (yea vacation!) started the sequence of not posting so far in December. Adding a later rehearsal time has meant I have slept less and in my free hours I have no ambition to write. No fear the show opens tomorrow and soon my evenings will be free.
In addition to not being able to write, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. Say what???
A fellow blogger thought I was pretty spiffy and let me know by that nomination. Thank you Priceless Joy! You can see her stuff at http://pricelessjoy.co/. I personally think they are fun entries and her drawings are great.
So according to the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award ( http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/ ) I am to nominate 15 bloggers and then share 7 things about myself. Well, here’s the problem. I have only been actively looking at the blogging community since I started NaBloPoMo. I originally started this blog to help share things I was experiencing while I lived overseas. Seeing that I like it, I have continued writing and have only recently started following other writers. So I don’t have a full 15 to nominate, but here are a few that I really enjoy:
vivace con brio http://vivaceconbrio.wordpress.com/ – Lindsey writes about her life
These Are the Days http://kimcourtblog.wordpress.com/ – Kim is a big advocate of adoption
Mouthfuls & Mutterings http://mouthfulsandmutterings.wordpress.com/ – Valerie, a friend of 10 years, sharing recipes and life journeys
Jezbr http://jezbr.wordpress.com/ – Jeremy, a friend from Australia, share his thoughts, adventures, and life in missions
I know…. that’s only four blogs, but they are four really good blogs and I hope you enjoy reading them as I do.
Here are 7 bits about me:
1. I am a bi-coastal kid and self imposed third culture dweller having spent numerous years in California, Virginia, Germany and Australia.
2. If I was able to pick a place to live where I’ve lived before, I would pick Germany in a heart beat.
3. I was the type of kid who never wanted to talk to the neighbors – ever! If our ball went over the fence, I was more than happy to leave it there.
4. Want to make me happy? Give me a diet Pepsi. I know there are lots of unhealthy things in them that could kill me at an early age but it seriously puts me in a happy place.
5. My favorite animal is the cat, but closely second is the zebra. If I could touch a Zebra some day… glory!
6. I would like to visit South America and Africa by the time I’m 35, and Antarctica before I die.
7. I have willing eaten chicken’s blood and organs in Thai soup, while I was in Thailand. Gotta gel with the culture!
One final bit of information – upcoming next week I will be participating in a 12 blogs of Christmas link up. What to meet some more fun and interesting people, then check it out:
Oh joy! That means more future entries from me. It’s a good thing, I promise.